Dec 03, 2023
AVT 255 - Cert Flght Instr Airplane Flgt
1 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: AVT 215
Co-requisites: AVT 250
This course prepares the commercial pilot to meet the FAA 141 flight requirements for the CFI-A certification. the estimated minimum flight hours required in this course are 15 hours, which will cover practice teaching, flight theory and flight maneuvers. However, the actual flight hours may vary based on student proficiency.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Pass the FAA Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Practical exam.
- Demonstrate the the theories of learning/teaching and effective communication.
- Develop a lesson plan and syllabus.
- Demonstrate the use of the students’ portfolio to illustrate FAA flight theory and certification maneuvers lesson plans and handouts.
- Demonstrate classroom and in-flight teaching techniques.
- Analyze knowledge of evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrate the correlation and application of FAA regulations.
- Demonstrate the proper use of FAA documentation.
- Teaching theory
- Effective communication
- Lesson plan development
- Syllabus development
- Flight theory and certification maneuvers
- Ground school techniques
- In-flight instruction techniques
- Evaluation theory and techniques
- FAA documentation and regulations
Jeppesen Certified Flight Instructor kit, FAR/AIM Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, Instrument Flying Handbook, Fundamentals of Instructing Handbook, Certified Flight Instrument Instructor Written exam study guides, FAA Instrument Pilot Practical Test Standards.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/15/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)