BIO 201 - Botany
3 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: BIO 151
This is a course that includes a detailed examination of the plant kingdom with the major concentration on the vascular plants. The major plant divisions are studied with respect to their anatomy, physiology, life cycles, evolution and ecology. A comparison of bacteria, algae, fungi and higher plants is included in the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe plant evolution emphasizing the relationship between green plants, bacteria, algae and fungi.
- Explain the life cycles of plants within the major divisions.
- Relate anatomical structures with their physiological functions.
- Describe photosynthesis.
- Summarize plant growth, reproduction and development with hormonal interactions.
- List plant nutritional needs.
- Explain plant ecology.
- Plant evolution
- Plant life cycles
- Plant anatomy and physiology
- Plant growth, reproduction and development
- Plant hormones
- Plant nutritional needs
- Plant ecology
Textbook and contemporary learning materials.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 03/26/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)