CIT 285 - Cybersecurity Capstone
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Instructor approval
This course, which must be taken in the final semester, is the exit course for the program. With the instructor's guidance and approval, each student will work on and complete a portfolio-type project on a specific cybersecurity problem using the learning from previous courses in the program and additional research.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Evaluate cybersecurity vulnerabilities, threats and attacks.
- Perform risk analysis and assessment for cybersecurity incidents.
- Create cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Select effective security solutions for intrusion detection and prevention.
- Handle cybersecurity incidents appropriately.
- Identify safeguards and controls to mitigate cybersecurity risks.
- Create technical reports on cybersecurity incidents.
- Conduct basic research in the Cybersecurity field.
- Demonstrate familiarity with cybersecurity career paths and requirements.
- Demonstrate basic skills in managing cybersecurity projects.
- Evaluation of cybersecurity vulnerabilities, threats and attacks
- Risk analysis and assessment for cybersecurity incidents
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Decisions on security solutions for intrusion detection and prevention
- Cybersecurity incident handling
- Mitigations of cybersecurity risks
- Technical reports on cybersecurity incidents
- Research skills and resources in the Cybersecurity field
- Cybersecurity career paths and requirements
- Cybersecurity project management skills
Appropriate materials, references, and software tools will be used.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 11/04/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)