CLR 100 - Introduction to Foodservice
3 Lecture Hours
In this course the student will learn about the history of classical cuisine and the contributions of leading culinarians. Various segments of the foodservice industry and the organization of each type are studied. Future trends in the foodservice industry are discussed. This course also introduces the culinary program and various college resources available to students.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- List the enduring contributions of historic chefs and foodservice pioneers to the industry.
- Research the advantages of belonging to foodservice support organizations.
- Explain various segments of the foodservice industry and employment opportunities in each.
- Describe typical hospitality operations, including lodging, foodservice and tourism.
- Discuss trends in foodservice and hospitality in terms of their likely impact now and in the future.
- Foodservice industry history
- Restaurant industry
- Lodging and tourism industry
- Gaming and casino industry
- City and country clubs
- Off and on premise catering
- Professional organizations
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 02/28/2017
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)