Sep 21, 2023
CRT 111 - Court Transcription 1
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: CRT 101 , CRT 103
Co-requisites: CRT 102
This course offers an introduction to court reporting transcript production, including matters of English grammar, usage and punctuation in combination with formatting of text to accurately reflect the verbatim, spoken word in text documents. Reinforcement and development of language skills and transcript-related computer skills using CATalyst software are emphasized.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Use proofreading and editing skills to correctly punctuate and format text.
- Demonstrate proficiently in English grammar, usage and punctuation.
- Perform proficiently in research of transcript topics.
- Develop skill in the use of Case CATalyst software and produce corrected, accurate transcripts.
- Recognize basic transcript components and produce accurate transcripts that incorporate basic transcription skills.
- English grammar, punctuation and usage
- Proofreader’s symbols
- Spelling and research
- Proofreading, editing and correction of text for accuracy
- Software training
A textbook will be required
Audio-visual Materials: Course material available at class Blackboard site on http://courses.ccac.edu/ and supplemental material on the internet
Open Lab, Tutoring, etc.: Library 311A Practice Lab
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/11/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)