DAN 230P - Dance Practicum 3
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 131P
This course is a continuation of the intensive study in the practical application of dance performance techniques. Students will participate in both student and faculty choreographed works, culminating in a fully produced dance concert. All aspects of dance performance, choreography, and production will be explored and refined.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced modern dance techniques.
- Employ use of compositional techniques to choreograph group dances.
- Demonstrate a wide range of movement qualities.
- Identify appropriate costume choices based on the theme of the dance.
- Demonstrate a mastery of dance performance techniques.
- Preparing the body for dance, stretching and exercise
- Music selection and appropriateness
- Choreography, meter, and movement
- Mental and physical preparedness, focus and listening
- Dance performance in front of an audience
Books, videotapes, music, tapes and possible field trips to other dance companies will be used.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/27/2009
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)