DIT 210 - Human Resource Management for Dietetics
3 Lecture Hours
This course provides an overview of the organization and management of foodservice in the health care industry. Topics include: management of food production personnel, selection process, orientation and training of new and established employees, job analysis procedures, employee evaluation procedures and the principle of work simplification. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Use clear and effective oral and written communication (CDNT 2.2).
- Perform supervisory, education and training functions (CNDT 4.2).
- Management and Leadership styles
- Communicating Effectively
- Positive Work Environment
- Orienting and Training Employees
- Developing Job Descriptions
- Recruiting and Selecting Applicants
- Interview Process
- Evaluating Performance
- In-Service Training
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
Textbook, internet, case studies.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/16/2018
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)