EDD 100 - Blueprint Reading
3 Lecture Hours
This course is a survey of engineering practices, problems, specifications and drawings. Emphasis is placed on the reading of blueprints. Other topics include quantity take-offs of areas and volumes of excavation, volume of reinforced concrete, surface area of concrete form work, mechanical and electrical problems, types of structures, structural shapes and connection.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Interpret architectural plans for residential and commercial buildings.
- Develop and utilize residential and commercial construction practices.
- Use freehand drawings and pictorial representations to communicate.
- Use reference sources to analyze blueprint drawings.
- Prepare take-offs and estimating volumes of concrete excavations.
- Freehand sketching
- Introduction to architectural plans
- Light framing
- Floor plans
- Plot plans
- Roof framing plans
- Details and schedules
- Piping and plumbing
- Heating and air conditioning
- Materials used in construction
- Fire protection
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/01/2012
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)