Dec 01, 2023
EDT 107 - Compliance and Safety Training
3 Lecture Hours
Co-requisites: EDT 103
This course will provide essential knowledge of Federal and State regulations as they relate to work in the electric utility industry. Areas covered will include personal protective equipment, rescue procedures, work area setup, flagging and proper environmental practices.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the personal protection equipment for head, foot, hearing, eyes, and face.
- Perform vehicle flagging operations in a work area using Penndot safety requirements.
- Safely use glove and sleeve protection in high voltage applications.
- Perform a bucket truck rescue.
- Perform an enclosed space rescue and atmospheric monitoring.
- Recognize fall protection equipment.
- Perform standard first aid and CPR.
- Recognize ground fault circuit interrupters.
- Recount requirements for spill cleanup and OSHA Hazard Communication requirements.
- Name substation entry procedures.
- Personal protective equipment
- Rescue procedures
- First Aid/CPR
- OSHA Hazard Communications
- Work area protection
- Penndot flagging
Duquesne Light’s Performance Manual For Electrical Lineworkers (Selected chapters), Duquesne Light Power Delivery Safety Manual, 29CFR1910
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)