EDT 205 - Basic Substation Maintenance
1 Lecture Hours 6 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: EDT 103 , EDT 105
This course will familiarize the student with the function of low and high tension electrical equipment found in an electrical substation. Specific topics of study will include print reading, proper names, safety procedures, basic maintenance tasks, basic construction tasks, test procedures and the operation of testing equipment, as well as high tension switching and clearance procedures.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify and explain the operations of substation equipment.
- Define key electrical substation terms.
- Define and complete substation permits.
- Identify the various symbols on a single line electrical diagram.
- Interpret single line electrical diagrams.
- Explain operating and clearance procedures.
- Read substation panel voltmeter, ammeters, wattmeters and KVA meters.
- Basic substation safety procedures
- Basic substation equipment
- Print reading (single line and RT)
- Proper operating names and breaker codes
- Clearance and switching procedures
- Meters and their uses
Duquesne Light’s Performance Manual For Electrical Lineworkers (Selected chapters) Substation Operation Manual and other related documents
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)