Mar 22, 2023
EDT 206 - Meter Training
3 Lecture Hours
This course provides insight to the various types of residential and commercial revenue meters, both single phase and 3 phases. It also identifies safe installation, removal and troubleshooting practices associated with revenue metering.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Explain the operation of wattmeter, KVA meter and power factor meter.
- Recognize the difference in 3 phase and 1 phase meters.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various meter sockets and meters for single and three phase power.
- Explain the use and application of current transformers and potential transformers in metering electrical power.
- Demonstrate proper connection and disconnection of meters from their sockets.
- Illustrate the tests and checks made before meters are installed.
- Residential service, bases and wiring
- Meter sockets
- Basic KW meter
- Network meter
- Specialty meters, overview of operation
- Meter connects and disconnects
Duquesne Light’s Performance Manual For Electrical Lineworkers (Selected chapters), Duquesne Light Meter Technician Manual, Electrical Essentials for Powerline Workers
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)