FLM 150 - Scenic Paint for Film
1 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
This course introduces the students to scenic artistry applicable to film productions. Paint theory, color, materials and techniques for period aging, signs, sets and furniture will be discussed. Opportunities to paint on a film or theatre set will be offered.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify painting techniques to achieve agreed upon end results.
- Utilize painting equipment.
- Investigate color theory to achieve expected outcomes.
- Exercise acquired skills on a film paint crew.
- Develop techniques to paint with new material and period age for effect.
- Develop techniques to highlight and shadow.
- Crew hierarchy and responsibilities
- Scheduled day preparation
- Paint, dye and treatments
- Care and storage of budgeted items
- Budgeting and recordkeeping
Lecture, Films, Videos, Textbooks
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/01/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)