HOM 203 - Hospitality Sales and Marketing
3 Lecture Hours
This is a course in the market analysis of media including: space and outdoor advertising, radio, TV, direct mail and other publicity aids. Both in-house and outside selling are discussed. The course topics include affiliations and allied agencies, individual room business, group business and sales incentives such as specialized facilities, food or beverages.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Compare and contrast the market analysis of media.
- Describe selling techniques.
- Identify how and when to advertise the hote’s products and services.
- Define the marketing concept as it relates to the hospitality industry.
- Contemplate and evaluate methods to be used to organize the hotel sales efforts to maximize results.
- Illustrate the methods of implementation of internal selling programs to motivate employees and increase revenues and productivity.
- Advertising Techniques
- Affiliations and Agencies
- Organizational Structure
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Tools
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/09/2019
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)