FRE 101 - Elementary French 1
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Eligibility for ENG 100 and DVS 101 or DVS 103
This course is designed to encourage the development of communicative proficiency through an integrated approach that incorporates all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Grammatical structures, vocabulary and readings are presented as tools for developing good communications skills. In addition, this course aims to promote culture awareness of the French-speaking world.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply what they have learned both linguistically and culturally in a variety of situations.
- Utilize French language vocabulary, grammar and French cultural awareness.
- Translate level appropriate material.
- Write simple sentences.
- Communicate at a basic level in French.
- Use a low-mid novice level vocabulary both in and out of the classroom.
- Identify the difference between French and English grammar. Compare and contrast cultural differences among French speaking countries.
- Listening comprehension
- Grammar – Present, Present Participle
Elementary French Textbook
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/19/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)