FRE 202 - Intermediate French 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: Completion of FRE 201 with a grade of “C” or better
This course is a continuation of the Intermediate French 1 course. Students continue to refine their language abilities, increase grammar comprehension and enhance their vocabulary. All grammatical structures are covered. The course has a very strong cultural component.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply what they have learned both linguistically and culturally in a variety of situations.
- Utilize French language vocabulary, grammar and French cultural awareness.
- Translate level appropriate material.
- Write detailed paragraphs and dialogs.
- Combine what has been learned in this course with what has been learned in the Elementary French courses to develop a more distinguished way of speaking.
- Communicate at an intermediate level in French.
- Use a high intermediate to advanced level vocabulary in and out of the classroom.
- Identify phonological and syntactical differences between French and English grammar with ease.
- Compare and contrast cultural differences among French speaking countries and the United States.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/19/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)