DAT 201 - Data Analytics 1
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: DAT 102
Building upon the principles set forth in Introduction to Data Analytics (DAT-102), students will begin to develop a comprehensive approach to the application of data analytics in the solving of business problems. In this course, students will evaluate the tools and resources available in terms of their appropriateness to complex business scenarios. This course will highlight the collaborative nature of data analytics projects and the necessity for coordination across projects. Students will conduct an initial data analytics project and create a collaborative report of their findings.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Examine decision analysis techniques and tools.
- Identify appropriate database software to solve specific problems.
- Implement data analytics to formulate and solve business problems.
- Collaborate to solve business problems using data.
- Use data visualization to address given scenarios.
- Decision analysis techniques and tools
- Database software uses
- Problem solving with data
- Collaboration in data analysis
- Data visualization
Text, database, computer lab.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/10/2017
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)