FLM 403 - Film Cooperative Learning Project
150 Practicum Hours
Prerequisites: FLM 103
Students will work within a team or on a film project for 150 hours. This field experience course can be taken after courses within a specialty have been completed and/or when an opportunity to work has become available. Students will communicate and cooperate with film crews on location to complete projects.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Maintain a daily journal through the production process to allow reflection.
- Perform film-related work using appropriate technology under the direction of a supervisor.
- Develop skills, based on specialty, to work as a member of a film crew.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Crew hierarchy and responsibilities
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) union and non-union rules
- How to prepare for scheduled days
- Budgeting and forms
- On-location safety
- Professionalism and work ethic
As determined by supervisor
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 02/14/2019
- Technological Competence
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)