FLM 222 - Mask Making and Casting 2, Experimental
1 Lecture Hours 2 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: FLM 122
This course will contine to build the skills introduced in Mask Making and Casting 1. Students will learn additional practical application of theatre and film special effects. They will sculpt, mold and cast 2 latex masks using advanced materials and techniques. The final exam will be the execution and completion of their masks.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify a advanced understanding of sculpture in regard to mask making.
- Develop advanced techniques to mold masks using traditional stone molding techniques.
- Employ new techniques with vacuum forming and foam construction.
- Build skill levels with additional time using paint and finish materials.
- Refine design aspects having experienced basic and advanced technical instruction.
- Accept constructive direction and criticism.
- Advanced Sculpting
- Advanced Moldmaking
- Advanced Casting
- Advanced Painting
- Vacuum Form Process
- Foam Construction
Lectures, Films, Videos, Textbooks
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)