STI 196 - Ironworker Reinforcing 2
2 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: STI 131
This course focuses on concepts needed to successfully install post-tensioning systems, including installing reinforcing steel in concrete columns and beams. This course includes a Level 1 Unbonded PT certification from Post-Tensioning Institute. Evaluations are made using written and performance assessments. Emphasis is put on the learning and application of safe industry practices throughout the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the components of a monostrand unbonded post-tensioning system and its stressing equipment.
- Describe the installation of unbonded post-tensioning system and its effects on a concrete structure.
- Construct reinforcing assemblies used in concrete columns.
- Construct reinforcing assemblies used in concrete beams.
- Construct reinforcing assemblies used in concrete caissons.
- Describe the purpose of bands in a caisson.
- Place ties in the necessary positions to assure safe hoisting of a preassembled reinforcing cage.
- Identify the different types of footings and foundations.
- Unbonded post-tensioning
- Columns, beams and caissons
Ironworkers Unbonded Post-Tensioning - Reference Manual
Ironworkers Unbonded Post-Tensioning - Student Workbook
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 02/27/2020
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)