STI 197 - Ironworker Safety 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: STI 132
This course provides certifications for operating mobile elevated work platforms and telehandlers. Instruction focuses on proper machine inspection, machine controls, machine capabilities and common safety hazards. An additional certification in scaffold erector and dismantler is provided. Certifications are contingent upon passing written and performance evaluations.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the different types of scaffold used in the construction industry.
- Demonstrate the techniques required to properly erect and dismantle scaffolds used in the construction industry.
- Describe the limitations and the proper uses of scaffolding.
- Create a fall protection plan for erecting and using scaffolding.
- Execute a safety inspection of a telehandler and a mobile aerial work platform as is it described in JLG’s safety standards.
- Operate a telehandler and a mobile aerial work platform safely.
- Mobile elevated work platforms
- Scaffold erection and dismantling
JLG Telehandler Training Manual
JLG Scissor Lift Training Manual
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 02/27/2020
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)