STI 211 - Ironworker Reinforcing 3
2 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: STI 196
This course is intended to develop understanding of reinforcing blueprints. Instruction provides knowledge of placement drawings for installing reinforcing steel. Additional concepts include interpretation of rebar schedules for material identifications and locations. Evaluations are based on written tests and hands-on projects.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Interpret abbreviations and symbols used on a reinforcing blueprint.
- Interpret placing drawings to properly install reinforcing steel.
- Interpret bend tables and material schedules.
- Create material lists using placement drawings.
- Calculate total weights of reinforcing steel assemblies.
- Create a rigging plan for erecting reinforcing steel assemblies.
- Placement drawings
- Rebar schedules
- Material identification
- Reinforcing rigging
Ironworkers Reinforcing Concrete - Reference Manual
Ironworkers Reinforcing Concrete - Student Workbook
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 02/27/2020
- Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)