Allegheny, South, Braddock Hills
This program is designed for persons with a degree or individuals in human service related professions who have had little or no formal instruction in social work. Students learn social work terminology, core values, ethical principles and standards, theoretical perspectives and generalist social work practice at the introductory level.
Students are able to directly transfer credits to Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) institutions with statewide program-to-program articulation agreements in social work.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Employ social work terminology appropriately.
- Identify core values of the social work profession.
- Define the major elements of the social work profession.
- Examine the main theoretical perspectives of social work.
- Assess diversity and its relevance to social work practices.