Associate of Science
This program prepares graduates to work under the supervision of an anesthesia provider and as a vital member of the anesthesia care team. The anesthesia technologist assists with the preparation of various types of equipment and pharmacology required for the delivery of anesthesia care.
Anesthesia technologist work in a variety of clinical settings that include hospital operating rooms, interventional and diagnostic radiology, labor and delivery units, intensive care units, emergency rooms, outpatient procedure suites and ambulatory surgery centers.
Enrollment in this program is limited by availability of clinical sites and other factors. Students must make a separate application to this program. Admission to the college and completion of any developmental level course is required.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Exhibit entry level competencies in the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains of an anesthesia technologist.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the acquisition, preparation and application of various types of equipment required for the delivery of anesthesia care.
- Utilize independent judgment for rapid response to the changing circumstances in patient care.
- Apply safe practices for patient, self and other members of the anesthesia care team.
- Display professionalism and ethical behavior in patient and staff interactions.
The Anesthesia Technologist Program is an American Society of Anesthesia Technologist and Technicians (ASATT) approved program and is seeking accreditation.
Wendi L. Slusser Certified A.T.T.
Assistant Professor and Program Director
Anesthesia Technologist Program
Boyce Campus Office N-457
595 Beatty Road
Monroeville, PA 15146