Allegheny, Boyce, North, South, Braddock Hills, Homewood Brushton, Washington, West Hills, Online
Associate of Science
This program provides students with specific technical competencies for entry-level employment opportunities as an Information Technology (IT) support specialist. Various job titles in the field include computer user support specialist, computer network support specialist, and computer security specialist.
Students obtain a foundation in hardware components, operating systems, networked environments, and cybersecurity. Students interested in various levels of industry certifications can benefit from the knowledge and skills provided by this program.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure that networks operate correctly.
- Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and Internet systems.
- Plan, implement and maintain security measures and controls to protect critical information assets.
- Prevent, detect, analyze and respond to system intrusions and data breaches.