South. Allegheny County Airport
Associate of Science
This program prepares you for a career in aviation marketing, sales, finance personnel, office operation or administration. Employment opportunities exist at private and public airports, with government agencies, airlines, air cargo carriers and fixed base operations (FBO).
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate flight competency and exceed FAA minimum requirements of pilot proficiency in the required aircraft.
- Identify and analyze adverse meteorological conditions.
- Demonstrate operating a corporate flight department, evaluating flight operations, negotiating with pilots and developing crew management.
- Apply safety guidelines and demonstrate fiscal responsibilities.
- Demonstrate administrative duties that include safety department skills and regulation compliance with risk management evaluation.
Graduates are prepared for work as airport fixed base operators, aviation airport managers, airline operations managers, flight school managers, aircraft manufacturers’ representatives, aviation equipment company managers and government agency aviation managers.
An FAA Class III Medical Certificate is required for enrollment in this program.