Plumbers Union Training Center
This five-year certificate program offers qualifying applicants occupational training under the sponsorship of the local Joint Apprenticeship Committee. The certificate includes a cooperative component which involves lecture and laboratory classes for twenty-eight (28) academic credits. A student may then apply these twenty-eight (28) credits toward an Associate degree in Building Construction Estimating or Building Construction Supervision.
Construction trade technology training programs are open to all qualifying students. These programs are offered in conjunction with the Joint Apprenticeship Committees of the building trades and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. The state of Pennsylvania awards journeyman working papers to those who complete one of these apprenticeship programs. Upon completion of the certificate and job experience hours required by the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, students will be able to work in the commercial building construction industry as skilled plumbers.
Admission is by competitive testing and interviews with a Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with management and a diverse customer base.
- Recognize and operate plumbing tools safely.
- Install, diagnose, repair and maintain commercial plumbing fixtures.
- Measure, calculate and budget for plumbing materials, including green materials.
- Interpret codes and illustrate plumbing blue print plans and drawings for commercial projects.