Allegheny, North, South, West Hills
The Sales Engineering Certificate prepares students for an entry-level position in sales engineering where graduates consult with customers to recommend technical products for specific applications. Students completing the program are able to leverage business acumen and technical knowledge to accurately recommend complex equipment, engage in post-sales support and provide written technical proposals and associated documentation.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to explain technical features of products to potential customers and end users.
- Describe connections between supply chain, logistics and manufacturing concerns and business concepts such as delivery windows and lead time.
- Explain how the global economic environment can impact technical sales.
- Translate customer needs into technical product requirements.
- Interpret technical specifications and use them to provide product recommendations.