Allegheny, Boyce, North, South, Online
This program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who must demonstrate proficiency and understanding of differences based on age, race, gender, religions, sexual orientation, national origin or physical or mental ability. Students should choose from among the electives listed based on employment or educational requirements.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will:
- Write critically about race, class and ethnicity in social and historical contexts.
- Analyze multiple categories of social diversity.
- Describe the scope and magnitude of ethnic and diversity studies from an interdisciplinary approach.
- Identify different cultures of the world through the study of language, literature, religion and artistic creations or other disciplines.
- Distinguish among the experiences of a variety of diverse cultures different from their own and provide an analytic framework which facilitates awareness of how cultures vary and shape the human experience.