The Multimedia Game Simulation certificate provides opportunities to learn about game design and development practices. Additionally, students are exposed to industry standard hardware, software and development pipelines. Beginning with frameworks and project practices, then moving into design and practicing with the software, this certificate provides an intense yet quick option to help students prepare for the industry. Skills developed through this certificate are applicable to industry needs for game design, testing and development.
This certificate is an excellent opportunity for working professionals who are exploring the integration of game creation into projects and training. Students who are focusing on other disciplines and wish to add the use of video games to their skills for cross-disciplinary design are also well served by the certificate.
Furthermore, students who complete the certificate can continue into Multimedia Programming, Simulation & Gaming (108.2) to earn an Associate of Science degree.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will.
- Create 2D and 3D content for multimedia projects.
- Compile multimedia elements into multiple program environments.
- Develop prototypes alongside project documentation.
- Assemble multiple programming languages for interactive elements.
- Produce multimedia projects for portfolios.