Health Programs - Limited Admissions HIPAA Privacy & Universal Precautions Training
This program is designed to prepare students for the entry-level position of central service technician with exposure to all facets of central service functioning. Training involves surgical instrumentation, principles of cleaning and processing equipment and instrumentation, methods of sterilization, packaging and storage, maintenance of equipment, case cart systems, inventory control and current trends in central service. Clinical experiences in area hospitals’ central service departments are included.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Utilize required techniques related to the sterilization process.
- Identify and describe the function of instruments and equipment.
- Define and utilize aseptic techniques and principles.
- Utilize health-care related computer applications.
- Display behaviors appropriate for a professional health care environment.
Graduates are eligible for national certification through the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).