Allegheny, Boyce, North, South
This program provides students with specific technical skills in the area of mobile applications (apps) software development. The program addresses individuals with a technical orientation, as well as college graduates from other fields, interested in a career in mobile apps software development. This certificate program will provide students with specific technical competencies for employment in various areas in the information technology field, including mobile apps software developers, mobile apps software programmers, software development consultants, as well as UI (User Interface) software developers.
Students obtain a foundation in object-oriented computer programming, as well as knowledge and technical skills in mobile operating systems development, including Android and iOS.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Implement troubleshooting strategies and techniques in correcting a variety of information technology design issues and problems.
- Apply various software development tools to create graphical user interfaces, websites and mobile apps.
- Design websites to display on various mobile devices and screens.
- Develop the necessary technical and problem solving skills in creating apps for mobile devices by implementing Android and iOS operating system frameworks and objectoriented programming languages.
- Acquire the necessary technical skills to work with data from a variety of sources, including databases and web services.
- Develop the necessary technical skills in publishing apps.
Prerequisites to the certificate program
Students are assumed to have either taken CIT 111 - Introduction to Programming: Java and CIT 115 - Intro to Information Technology or demonstrate equivalent experience or knowledge prior to starting this certificate program.
Students must also have access to computer systems running the Android operating system, as well as the iOS operating system.