Allegheny, Boyce, North, South
Associate of Science
This program prepares the student for an entry-level position in accounting. Accounting firms, banks and the payroll and accounting departments of many businesses hire persons with an Associate's degree in Accounting.
This program is designed to develop entry-level accounting skills for immediate employment after graduation.
Students enrolled in this program may earn cooperative education credits. For more information, contact the Accounting faculty.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Explain the role and value of accounting in a business organization.
- Demonstrate entry-level accounting skills and current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze business transactions and determine their impact on financial statements.
- Solve accounting problems using analysis and critical thinking.
- Utilize accounting concepts and techniques to make management decisions.