Allegheny, Boyce, North, South
Associate of Science
This program prepares the student for an entry-level position dealing with business principles, procedures and problems. Graduates may qualify for a training program in business and industry, government or nonprofit organizations. Graduates may find jobs in several functional areas including, but not limited to, marketing, finance, human resource management or administrative areas of business.
This program is also appropriate for employees in entry-level management positions who seek to enhance their job skills by developing in-depth knowledge and managerial skills in planning, motivating, organizing and controlling resources. Students enrolled in this program may earn three pass-fail cooperative credits.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate business concepts in the areas of marketing, management, finance, accounting and the external business environments.
- Explain major concepts and elements of the global environment.
- Solve business problems through analysis and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written communications such as standard business communications, memos, programs and reports.
- Discriminate between valid and invalid sources of information as a means of reporting on current trends in business.
Students must choose one of the following fields of study:
- General Option
- Corporate Option
- Marketing Option
- Small Business Option
Articulation agreements are available for students to complete the Associate Degree and transfer to California University of Pennsylvania , Carlow University , Point Park University and Thiel College . It is important that students consult with a counselor early in their program to develop a course plan most appropriate for the school to which they intend to transfer. See www.ccac.edu/articulation for details.