Allegheny, Boyce, North, South
Associate of Science
The Health & Physical Education program is a university parallel program that prepares students for transfer to bachelor degree programs related to exercise science, physical activity/wellness, sports management, and Health and Physical Education teacher certification. Students work with an academic advisor to choose electives that meet the requirements for their chosen four-year institution.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge within the health and physical education discipline including kinesiology, functional anatomy, exercise physiology, health/wellness, and injury prevention and treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in risk factor and health status identification, fitness appraisal and exercise prescription.
- Demonstrate ability to incorporate suitable and innovative activities related to improving an individual's functional capacity and overall well-being.
- Choose a Health and Physical Education program of studies that successfully matriculates with a university program in a related major.
- Apply knowledge and skills in Health and Physical Education to professional certifications, employment in the field and/or personal health.
Graduates transfer to Bachelor's programs in health related professions including exercise physiology, sports medicine, health club management, cardiac rehabilitation, athletic administration, sports management and education. The Health and Physical Education courses are also used by non-majors to enhance knowledge and skills for personal health/enrichment, professional certifications and employment in the field.