This certificate program is designed for students seeking skills to create high-end websites with strong design and functional abilities. Students learn to design, create and administer interactive and professional web sites that utilize server-side programming technologies. Web page navigation, web publishing, web images preparation, database design and development and e-commerce solutions, including store front setup, are integral components of this certificate which focuses on server-side programming.
This program is ideal for both graphic designers who need the technical programming skills to implement their website designs; and for students, not necessarily with an arts background, who want to pursue website programming.
Students who are interested in advanced programming skills may apply their First Semester classes (12 credits) to CCAC's Multimedia Web Programming, Simulation and Gaming (108) associate degree.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Apply programming skills for effective communications.
- Communicate effectively in a professional and diverse customer-based environment.
- Develop web pages for marketing and e-commerce sites.
- Evaluate websites for structure, standards and usability.
- Maintain and repair systems and functions associated with web document maintenance.
Potential job opportunities following program completion include web designer, web developer, web marketing manager, web manager, e-commerce manager, web programmer, web technician or web server administrator for corporate communications marketing, education, sales departments, design firms, publishers or animation studios.