This program prepares graduates to work on film, television, concerts and sporting events as crew. Positions such as construction, scenic artist, set dressing, grip, set lighting technician, sound mixing and editing, video assist, camera operator, craft services, production assistant, wardrobe and location scouting will be introduced. Opportunities to visit or intern on movie locations and sound stages will be an integral part of the hands-on-training.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate general competencies suitable for entry level, mid-level and technical positions in the film industry as crew.
- Demonstrate the five steps of the film making process.
- Demonstrate the proper use of industry standard equipment and software.
- Communicate effectively using industry standard terminology within a global context.
- Implement safe industry practices.