By providing students with hands-on instruction in fundamental culinary techniques, the CCAC culinary certificate program prepares students for an entry-level cook's position in a commercial foodservice kitchen. The program provides realistic, hands-on training by experienced chef instructors in our commercial training kitchens. This concentrated program can be completed in just two semesters, providing graduates a rapid entry into the foodservice industry. Culinary certificate holders may find employment as prep cooks, line cooks, short order cooks, foodservice workers and bakery assistants in the restaurant, hotel, club, bakery and retail food industries. Students enrolled in this program are required to purchase a program knife kit and uniform. Students are expected to be well groomed in compliance with standards of sanitation. Credits earned in the culinary certificate program can be applied to the culinary associate degree program.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate safe, sanitary food handling techniques.
- Operate hand and power kitchen equipment properly and safely.
- Identify commonly used foods.
- Choose appropriate cooking techniques for meats, seafood, starches and vegetables.
- Demonstrate proper cooking techniques to produce high quality meals.