Allegheny, Boyce, North, South, Online
Associate of Science
This program provides students with specific technical competencies for entry-level employment opportunites as a user support or network support specialist. Various job titles in the field include help desk support, technical support, end-user trainer, network support technician and network administrator.
Students obtain a foundation in hardware components, operating systems, networked environments, troubleshooting technical problems and supporting users. Students interested in various levels of industry certifications can benefit from the knowledge and skills provided by this program.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Create technical documentation and locate necessary online documentation.
- Evaluate information technology system and project management strategies.
- Apply research material dealing with organizational and information technology issues.
- Analyze developments and trends in information technology that impact businesses and individuals and present the analysis results in oral and written formats.
- Use troubleshooting strategies and techniques in correcting a variety of information technology design issues and problems.