Sheetmetal Training Center
This four-year certificate program offers qualifying applicants occupational training under the sponsorship of the local Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Understand the need for a commitment to responsibility, re-education, supervisory skills, safety and drug awareness that translates into quality craftsmanship, efficiency and productivity on the job site.
- Prepare the fabrication and installation of architectural sheet metal, such as brass and copper ornamentation, columns, skylights, signs, metal ceilings and downspouts.
- Prepare the design, fabrication and installation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning.
- Test, adjust and balancing/fine tune and maintain HVAC components according to engineering specifications.
- Use a computer to fabricate sheet metal products and troubleshoot HVAC systems as well as system design using CAD drafting.
- Prepare stainless steel fabrication and installation in restaurants, cafeterias, etc.
- Fuse different types of metal using the latest technological processes.
- Prepare pattern layout of geometric development of patterns for sheet metal objects to be fabricated.
Graduates will have had classroom, shop training and job experience hours in sheet metal work. Upon completion of the CCAC certificate and the job experience hours required by the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, they can find employment doing industrial duct fabrication and installation, as architectural sheet metal workers, energy managers for green technology or in kitchen equipment fabrication and installation. They may also work in commercial building construction as skilled sheet metal workers.
Construction trade technology training programs are open to all qualifying students. These programs are offered in conjunction with the Joint Apprenticeship Committees of the building trades and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania awards journeyman working papers to those who complete one of these apprenticeship programs. Admission is by competitive testing and interviews with a Joint Apprenticeship Committee.