The Multimedia Game Simulation certificate provides opportunities to learn about the game design and simulation practices. Additionally, students are exposed to industry standard hardware, software and development pipelines. Beginning with frameworks and project practices, then moving into design and practicing with the software, this certificate provides an intense yet quick option to help students prepare for the industry. Skills developed through this certificate are applicable to industry needs for game design, testing and simulations.
This certificate is an excellent opportunity for working professionals who are exploring the integration of gamification into projects and training. Students who are focusing on other disciplines and wish to add the use of video games and simulation to their skills for cross-disciplinary design are also well served by the certificate.
Furthermore, students who complete the certificate can continue into the CIT-Multimedia Programming, Simulation & Gaming (108) to earn an Associate of Science degree.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will.
- Analyze target users for multi-platform development.
- Assemble multimedia elements into multiple program environments.
- Define terminology relating to simulation and gaming.
- Assemble multiple scripting languages for interactive elements.
- Evaluate ethical situations in multiple areas of multimedia.