Aug 09, 2022
2019-2020 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
RAD Mission and Outcomes
Community College of Allegheny County Boyce Campus Radiologic Technology Associate Degree Program is committed to produce competent entry-level radiographers that perform within the health care industry.
RAD Program Assessment Plan
RAD Five Year Admissions Profile Data
RAD National Certification Employment Data
RAD Program Completion Rates
- Function as competent, technically proficient entry-level technologists who can apply and
perform safe patient care radiation protection practices according to industry standards.
- Utilize safe methods to provide patients with minimized radiation dose levels during imaging procedures.
- Operate diagnostic imaging X-ray units to meet standardized protocols under the direction of radiologists.
- Manipulate equipment functions to produce quality radiographic images.
- Exhibit professional characteristics required by the radiologic technology profession.
Goals measured to meet Program Goals:
- Students and graduates will be clinical competent.
- Students will assess situations; employ critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will communicate to meet industry standards.
Student/Graduate Learning Outcomes assessed to meet Program and Student Goals
- Students will manipulate radiography equipment to meet industry standards.
- Students will select exposure factors that are appropriate for radiographic examinations.
- Students will properly position patients for radiographic examinations.
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving:
- Students will identify exposure factors necessary to produce diagnostic radiographs when the SID changes.
- Students will perform alternative patient positions for extremity trauma procedures.
- Students will perform portable bedside radiography to meet patient's needs.
- Students will demonstrate professional behaviors required by a radiographer at all times.
- Students will complete the program.
- Students will attend a professional society event before graduation.
- Students will communicate with Radiologists all the patient care requirements as documented in a medical chart.
- Students will perform a literature review that meets industry standards for a research paper.
Updated: February 2016
Radiologic Technologist (558)