ART 256 - Printmaking 3
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 229
This course is a continuation of ART 229 Printmaking 2. In this course, students develop particular direction in printmaking processes. A personal aesthetic is identiﬁed and explored through further understanding of the print medium. Critiques are utilized to explore individual direction and improve quality, aesthetics and technique.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Develop complex edition prints.
- Implement chosen printmaking techniques.
- Develop student’s personal aesthetic and creative vision.
- Produce multi-colored edition prints in a variety of techniques.
- Articulate technical knowledge of the printmaking process in critique.
- Edition prints
- Multicolored editions
- Block printing
Instructor approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)