HPE 230 - Advanced Physical Training
3 Activity Hours
Advanced physical training is a challenging fitness course that utilizes endurance, strength, agility, coordination, and reaction fitness activities in individual and group formats.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate proper rope climbing, pull-up, jump rope, wall handstand, reaction drill and plyometric techniques.
- Describe the new settings for fitness and physical education.
- Describe the health benefits of a physically active lifestyle.
- Discuss the roles played by a physical educator.
- Discuss the importance of exercise and nutrition.
- Individual and group work stations utilizing:
- Rope Climbing E. Wall Handstands
- Pull-ups F. Reaction Drills
- Dips G. Polymetrics
- Jump Ropes
2. Individual and group leadership development through the instructor’s supervision
3. Fitness programs and professions
4. Future of fitness and physical education
5. Nutrition and performance
Professional journals as designated by instructor.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 04/13/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)