MUS 206 - Applied Music 4
0.5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: MUS 205
This course consists of 15 30-minute private music lessons. Students choose from one of three areas of study: vocal, instrumental or composition. Lessons focus on music reading; repertoire development; and vocal, instrumental or composition technique. Applied Music 4 builds upon the skills and techniques developed in Applied Music 3.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform selected pieces or compose and notate original music.
- Demonstrate vocal, instrumental or composition techniques appropriate to the applicable musical style.
- Interpret standard music notation.
- Develop a repertoire for performance.
- Generate a practice journal.
- Vocal, instrumental or composition methods
- Music reading
- Repertoire development
- Performance practice
sheet music, internet, CDs
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/15/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)