MUS 221 - Class Piano 1
3 Studio Hours
This course is an introduction to the piano for beginners. It covers fundamental concepts and skills of piano playing including playing technique, music reading, scales, chords and repertoire development. Coursework integrates general music theory with basic piano keyboard technique.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate proper piano playing technique.
- Perform selected major scales.
- Perform major and minor triads.
- Interpret music notation in the grand staff.
- Create harmonic accompaniments using lead sheet notation.
- Develop sight-reading and memorization techniques.
- Grand staff
- Major scales
- Lead sheet notation
textbook, sheet music, internet, piano
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 01/08/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)