MUS 223 - Class Piano 3
3 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: MUS 222
This course builds upon the piano skills and concepts covered in Class Piano 2. It covers additional types of minor scales, seventh chords and transposition. Coursework integrates these music theory concepts with piano keyboard technique.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate proper piano playing technique.
- Perform major scales and all three types of minor scales.
- Distinguish between different types of seventh chords.
- Interpret music notation in the grand staff.
- Create multiple accompaniment patterns using lead sheet notation containing seventh chords.
- Perform and transpose piano works.
- Grand staff
- Major and minor scales
- Seventh chords
- Lead sheet notation
textbook, sheet music, internet, piano
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 12/15/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)