MUS 226 - Instrumental/Vocal Ensemble 3
3 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: MUS 127
This course entails the development of ensemble repertoire and performance technique. It covers a diversity of styles and instrumental configurations. Classroom activities focus on music reading, improvisation and ensemble technique as well as the application of self-evaluation and critical listening skills. Instrumental/Vocal Ensemble 3 builds upon the skills and techniques developed in Instrumental/Vocal Ensemble 2.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform arrangements in concert.
- Arrange instrumental and vocal parts from chord charts.
- Demonstrate improvisational technique.
- Develop ensemble performance skills.
- Evaluate musical performances.
- Scoring and arranging
- Performance etiquette
- Ensemble technique
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 04/25/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)