NMT 161C - Applied Nuclear Medicine Practicum
24 Clinical Hours
A Practical experience with the fundamental techniques of nuclear medicine technology. The second clinical practicum provides more experience in the ongoing activities of a nuclear medical facility. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate. Students will be charged for radiation badges.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Assist with radiopharmaceutical administration for various scan procedures.
- Perform supervised positioning of patients for various scan procedures.
- Perform supervised calculation and setting of instrument and computer parameters.
- Assist with discharge of patient from department.
- Performing Assisted Scan Procedures:
Principles and Practices of Nuclear Medicine. Second Edition
Early and Sodee, C. V. Mosby Company, 1995.
Nuclear Medicine. The Requisites. First Edition
Thrall & Ziessman, C. V. Mosby Company, 1995.
Approved By: Kraft, John Date Approved: 08/26/1987
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)