NMT 205C - Nuclear Medicine Externship
40 Clinical Hours
The student performs nuclear medicine examinations while increasing skills and self-confidence. The student works full-time in the nuclear medicine facility. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate. Students will be charged for radiation badges.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Discuss all administrative and nursing procedures.
- Discuss activities for performing ventilation examinations, blood pool examinations, dynamic cardiopulmonary examinations and cardiac examinations.
- Discuss activities for performing liver function examinations (Hepatobiliary studies) and pancreas examinations.
- Discuss activities for performing kidney function studies (renograms) and renal flow studies.
- Discuss activities for performing salivary gland scan examinations.
- Discuss activities for performing cisternogram examinations and dynamic brain studies.
- Discuss activities for performing soft tissue tumor localization examinations and bone marrow examinations.
- Discuss body composition examinations and all therapeutic procedures.
- Administrative Procedures
- Nursing Procedures
- Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Examinations
- Gastrointestinal Examinations
- Renal Examinations
- Hematological Examinations
- Endocrine/Exocrine Examinations
- Neurological Examinations
- Skeletal and Soft Tissue Examinations
- Therapeutic Procedures
Approved By: Kraft, John Date Approved: 01/17/1983
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)