PLT 101 - Plumbing Skills 1
4 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PLT 100
This course introduces students to residential plumbing tools, materials and fittings in both a classroom and laboratory setting. Students will learn safe usage of power tools to perform basic plumbing tasks. Conservation methods will be introduced which promote a green environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Recognize and practice safe use of power tools.
- Describe types of pipes and identify their purpose.
- Identify and describe common types of fittings used in residential plumbing.
- Purchase fittings based on requirements, size and material.
- Identify and explain valves and devices used in residential plumbing.
- Define safety devices and explain their purpose in residential plumbing.
- Recognize conservation methods which promote a green environment.
- Power tools
- Types of pipes
- Types of fittings
- Fitting specifications
- Valves and devises
- Reactionary valves and devices
- Green conservation
Instructor-approved plumbing textbooks, workbook and handouts
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/13/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)